Frequently Asked Questions
Learning chess helps develop thinking skills, enhancing mental prowess and directly contributes to academic performance and has been shown to:
- develop patience and thoughtfulness
- improve rational thinking
- increase cognitive skills
- improve communication skills and aptitude in recognizing patterns
- improve grades, especially in English and Math studies
- increase focus by teaching the benefits of careful observation and concentration
- stimulate visualization - players are prompted to imagine a sequence of actions before they happen
- builds a sense of team spirit, while emphasizing the ability of the individual
- instill a sense of self-confidence and self-worth
- realize responsibility for actions and acceptance of the consequences
- develop forward thinking - players have to think first and then act
- develop friendship making abilities because it provides a safe forum for gathering and discussion
- provides a sense of accomplishment.
How high are your chess pieces?
Our chess sets are judged by the height of the Kings (tallest game piece) - we have Kings available in the following heights: 25", 36" and the new 48".
What sizes do the checkers come in?
Our checker game pieces come in one size: large - 9.75" diameter and 4" tall.
What are your chess pieces made of?
Our chess pieces are made from "all-weather" and UV Proof HDPE plastic, capable of resisting heat and cold so you can play anytime.
Do you offer custom colors or just black & white game pieces?
No custom color chess pieces are available at this time. However we do offer different colored game boards.
What are the sizes of the game mats you offer?
We offer three types of game mats:
Flex Mat - 8 '4" x 8' 4" - This mat is constructed of 12" square tiles that lock together plus a 2" black boarder all the way around. This mat can be rolled up for easy storage, or left in place permanantly. If you would like a larger playing surface just put 4 of these mats together to create a chess board with 2' x 2' squares.
Plastic Game Mat - 10' x 10' - 14" square tiles that snap together
Nylon Folding Mat - 10' x 10' square tiles perfect for easy portability and quick cleanup.
How can we contact you?
You can email us at email@example.com anytime, submit a request form on our 'contact us' page anytime, or call our office at 785.505.9643 (US) between 9 am and 4 pm CST Monday - Friday.
What is your Return Policy?
Our goal is that you are thrilled with your order! If for some reason you choose to return part or all of your order please contact us at 785.505.9643 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may return new, unused items within 7 days of delivery for a credit, exchange, or refund. There is a 10% restocking fee on all orders. Please know that when returning an item, you are responsible for the original shipping costs to you and the cost of returning the product to us. If you need to return an item, please take special care to make sure the items are well packed and protected. When you contact us for a return, we will provide you with the exact shipping address for your return. We will process a refund when we receive your items.
Info@pepperwoodmktg.com | USA: 1-785-505-9643 |Canada: 1-226-909-1826